Rosie asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 years ago

How can i tell soneone to not smoke around me in a polite way?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favourite answer

Depends where you are.

If at home or work, I would just ask them to please leave the room/house/building/property to smoke.

If in a public space I would move away.

If it was someone I was with in a public space then I would inform them I was moving away while they smoked.

I rarely go anywhere smoking is acceptable so it is rarely an issue.

• 2 years ago

Then don't associate with them

• Steve
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Are you in public? Tough sh*t for you. Are you in your own home? Only then can you complain.

• 2 years ago

Keep it simple, along the lines of 'I do not want you to smoke around me.'

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Go up to the person smoking around you and say in a cool tone "I am feeling sick like I'm coming down with a cold, can you please not smoke in front of me"

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Hold your breath and gag.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The moment they pull out a single cigarette or package of cigarettes, you say "Please don't smoke around me." Try to say it quickly before they light up. If they choose to light up anyway, just say, "Excuse me," and leave immediately.

No need to get mad, just firmly decide you won't be around smoking, and stick to your choice.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Just walk away from it until they're done smoking. To say it politely, just say can you please not smoke around me, I'm allergic to the smell of it. That might work.

• 2 years ago

You could just walk away and I’m sure they will get the hint.

• 2 years ago

just say please dont snnoke around nne or try not to be around thenn if you dont want their snnoke

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.