Rosie asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 years ago

How can i tell soneone to not smoke around me in a polite way?

Depends where you are.

If at home or work, I would just ask them to please leave the room/house/building/property to smoke.

If in a public space I would move away.

If it was someone I was with in a public space then I would inform them I was moving away while they smoked.

I rarely go anywhere smoking is acceptable so it is rarely an issue.

Then don't associate with them

• Steve

Are you in public? Tough sh*t for you. Are you in your own home? Only then can you complain.

Keep it simple, along the lines of 'I do not want you to smoke around me.'

Go up to the person smoking around you and say in a cool tone "I am feeling sick like I'm coming down with a cold, can you please not smoke in front of me"

Hold your breath and gag.

• ?

The moment they pull out a single cigarette or package of cigarettes, you say "Please don't smoke around me." Try to say it quickly before they light up. If they choose to light up anyway, just say, "Excuse me," and leave immediately.

No need to get mad, just firmly decide you won't be around smoking, and stick to your choice.

Just walk away from it until they're done smoking. To say it politely, just say can you please not smoke around me, I'm allergic to the smell of it. That might work.

You could just walk away and I’m sure they will get the hint.

just say please dont snnoke around nne or try not to be around thenn if you dont want their snnoke