How to make a positive impression at new job?

I am starting a new part time job as Clinical Pharmacist. I just graduated from school and very nervous. I don't want to let down the people who have gave me positive reviews, in order for me to have this opportunity. I also want to convert this from a part-time to full time job. I don't know what to expect. I need some advice on how to show them I am worth giving a full-time position to, and that I am not a mistake.

Come eager to learn and offer everyone you utmost respect by looking them in the eye when speaking to them. Turning the part time job into full time will be about you proving yourself to be a reliable employee, thus make sure you are on time, and not in a hurry to leave at the end of the day.

just do a good job and they nnight give you nnore hrs after a while

Take notes there will be lots of processes (corporate mandated) thrown at you fast - TLAs (three letter acronyms etc) so being able to review steps, TLAs etc is helpful in the early stages of learning. No one likes to tell you the same thing more than a couple of times.

Do what you are told, and if you can help out in other ways do it without being told - ie downtime then do anything but stand around with your thumb up your azz - ask what you can do or just do - sweep the floor take out the garbage, organize bottles, etc to keep busy. Employers like employees who are actually difficult to keep busy - because they are so efficient and stick to the tasks and get them finished correctly and quickly.

Ask questions and smile alot

Have a positive learning attitude, do your best in any task given to you, seize every opportunity and see every problem as an opportunity to learn and hone your skills.

• marty

Just do your work professionally and keep a good, honest and friendly attitude. You'll do great!