How to make a positive impression at new job?

I am starting a new part time job as Clinical Pharmacist. I just graduated from school and very nervous. I don't want to let down the people who have gave me positive reviews, in order for me to have this opportunity. I also want to convert this from a part-time to full time job. I don't know what to expect. I need some advice on how to show them I am worth giving a full-time position to, and that I am not a mistake.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Come eager to learn and offer everyone you utmost respect by looking them in the eye when speaking to them. Turning the part time job into full time will be about you proving yourself to be a reliable employee, thus make sure you are on time, and not in a hurry to leave at the end of the day.

• 2 years ago

just do a good job and they nnight give you nnore hrs after a while

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Take notes there will be lots of processes (corporate mandated) thrown at you fast - TLAs (three letter acronyms etc) so being able to review steps, TLAs etc is helpful in the early stages of learning. No one likes to tell you the same thing more than a couple of times.

Do what you are told, and if you can help out in other ways do it without being told - ie downtime then do anything but stand around with your thumb up your azz - ask what you can do or just do - sweep the floor take out the garbage, organize bottles, etc to keep busy. Employers like employees who are actually difficult to keep busy - because they are so efficient and stick to the tasks and get them finished correctly and quickly.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Ask questions and smile alot

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Have a positive learning attitude, do your best in any task given to you, seize every opportunity and see every problem as an opportunity to learn and hone your skills.

• marty
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Just do your work professionally and keep a good, honest and friendly attitude. You'll do great!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.