Do conservatives support Cindy Hyde-Smith to be a US senator to represent Mississippi?

As most folks are aware, Hype-Smith is an acting US senator representing Mississippi (appointed, not elected). She has made a number of questionable comments. She commented to one of her supporters, that if he held a public hanging she would attend and be in the front row. It is hard for me to see how that has no... show more As most folks are aware, Hype-Smith is an acting US senator representing Mississippi (appointed, not elected). She has made a number of questionable comments. She commented to one of her supporters, that if he held a public hanging she would attend and be in the front row. It is hard for me to see how that has no connection to the lynching of black people from a dark chapter of Mississippi's history. Do conservatives see that comment differently?