Was I right in this situation?

There was this girl in my college who was getting cheated on by her boyfriend and everybody except her knew about it. He would cheat on her and brag about it and make himself look good. I’m a guy by the way, but here’s thing as a 20 year old man who has matured in this past year, I have morals and know right from... show more There was this girl in my college who was getting cheated on by her boyfriend and everybody except her knew about it. He would cheat on her and brag about it and make himself look good. I’m a guy by the way, but here’s thing as a 20 year old man who has matured in this past year, I have morals and know right from wrong. She was in love with him and thought that he cared about her. I went and told her that he cheated on her and that the best thing she could ever do is break up with him and leave him and be with someone who actually respects loves and cares about her. She broke up with him and he was mad about her leaving him. He owned up to cheating but was mad that she left. I’m confused because why would you be mad or feel a type of way about the person you cheated on leaving you? You knew you were wrong for cheating and the fact that you think that person owes you anything is beyond me. The reason why I told her was because I don’t like seeing someone get played and mistreated especially when they are a good person.
2 answers 2