How do I ignore my boss when he bashes Trump?

I am a paid intern at a tech company, so I only have a couple months left at this job. But my manager always bashes Trump with HIS employees. He constantly calls him racist and a fraud - I come there to work, not listen to him and my coworkers disrespect our president. I told HR and they said they'd talk to him about expressing his political views in the workplace. But that was 2 weeks ago and he is still bashing Trump, so I'm under the impression that HR lied to me.

What should I do?

160 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Best answer

Fellow Trump supporter here. You wrote that you are a "paid intern." I hate to be the one to tell you, but that is pretty low in the coporate food chain, corporate prison gang system, or coporate organized crime family or whatever similar analogy you would like. You need to accept this or either leave and start a new job or a new business where you get to set the culture. Yes, HR more than likely lied to you about dealing with this. You are a paid intern who is leaving in a few weeks and he is the boss. Unless your boss did something really bad to you, HR isn't going to get involved just because your boss badmouthed Trump. Just be quiet, do your job well, get all the experience you can, get paid and move on to become bigger and better.

• Cali d
      Lv 6
      11 months agoReport

Wizard? More like Moron. Snap out of it.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Trump is an incompetent bafoon not worth listening to I can't even listen to what he has to say he sounds so stupid elementary schoolers are geniuses compared to him but the sad part is there are less intelligent heads of departments who can barely put a basic sentence together

• 11 months agoReport

you've got some nerve. the word is BUFFOON you stupid troll!

• 11 months ago

Just remember he signs your check.

• 11 months ago

Ignore it if you can . Or say politics aren't really a good discussion for the workplace. Which they aren't.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Don't ignore him. If all you are is an intern and you are not getting paid tell him you don't want to hear his political crap. Don't be intimidated. If he threatens you or continues, file an official harassment complaint.

• Donnie Doom11 months agoReport

Don't file a harassment complaint lmao, what a tattle tale coward snitching little squealer does that?

• 11 months ago

Nothing...don't join in the conversation.

• 11 months ago

Don't ignore him. Argue with him. There is plenty of material and your boss is wrong. Bosses usually are wrong. Then you will eventually be fired and then you can collect unemployment

• 11 months ago

I had to put up with bosses bashing Obama, Hillary, Bill & even Jimmy Carter.. Just suck it up, don't take it personal & do your job.

• gibbsmb
      Lv 4
      11 months agoReport

When compared to Trump I would disagree, but that's all besides the point.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Ignore him and do your job. Make sure to sit elsewhere at lunch or even leave the office.

• 11 months ago

Just smile..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.