IRS CP-12 Adjusted Refund Notice - They sent it dated 10/29/2018 and I still do not have the check?

On 10/29/2018, which is coming up to 10 weeks, the IRS sent me a notice that I was due back a check for almost $200 due to some miscalculations on my 2016 tax returns. They said if I agreed with this, I did not have to do anything, and that the check would be mailed to me in 4-6 weeks. I think I actually got this... show more On 10/29/2018, which is coming up to 10 weeks, the IRS sent me a notice that I was due back a check for almost $200 due to some miscalculations on my 2016 tax returns. They said if I agreed with this, I did not have to do anything, and that the check would be mailed to me in 4-6 weeks. I think I actually got this letter in mid November. I have not received this check yet. I do not feel like calling the IRS, it is not that great an amount, and there is a government shutdown. I do not think I owe anything for 2017, I filed on time and did not hear from them. Do I need to be concerned? Could the check have been lost? Should I just forget about this for now? (today is 1/12/19)
1 answer 1