Eddi

Coax Wall Plate Replacement?

I am having a Granite backsplash cut for the kitchen tomorrow. There is an old cable coax plate that is in the corner of the kitchen that is no longer operable. Our homeowners association switched to Wifi routers a few years ago. I need to tell the remodeling company where I want openings cut in the backsplash tomorrow -- for outlets and a light switch. Should I plan on having a new coax cable outlet installed (there is cable in the walls) even though there is no working cable service, or just cover it up with a blank plate in case I sell my condo in a few years?

Cover it up. Cable is old school as are telephone wire connections. WiFi is in we will communicate wireless in the future unless someone proves that all this "radio frequency" RF around us is deteremental to our health.

• Nuff Sed
      1 year agoReport

You could easily (?) move the coax to a place above or to the side of the backsplash, for future use, when a new owner wants to use it for data or video signals of some kind. Having the unused wiring could be a big plus to a future buyer.

For coax, you don't even need a blank plate. You can just cover it.

cover it. no one will care.

Source(s): grampa

You can abandon it behind the backsplash, there's no issue because it's considered low voltage wire.

Wall it off like you’re Trump, That Edgar Allen Poe’s guy, or me when my dog got a little too loud

• Eddi
      1 year agoReport

FYI Trump is about 10 miles away from here if he ever shows up at Mar A Lago this winter LOL.