Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

Religion & Spirituality, one of our prominent members here was also a member of a cult once. Does anyone know which cult?

(Unfortunately for the rest of us, it wasn't Jonestown.)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jea
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Best answer

That one didn't escape a cult. she traded one cult for a different, equally absurd and destructive cult. She's here now proudly proclaiming her membership in the new cult. It is the right cult because it is her cult. TIRH GUS!!!

• Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Oh hey Jea! Good to see you again! You're getting best answer, unless I forget.

• 10 months ago

Cult is actually a sociological term, and all religions are cults by the most basic definition.

Most people referring to cults are referring to what experts would call 'destructive cults' or 'mind-control cults'.

I believe the person in question also has given, on numerous occasions, an absolutely incorrect definition for 'cult', therefore the person's claim of having been in a 'cult' is actually meaningless because it's based on inaccurate definitions.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I don't know I'm not a person that medals in others people's previous religious lives I can tell you about mine when I gave into atheism and drug abuse and wound up in jail and lost every penny that I had to my name I can tell you that I was rescued by Jesus Christ in the Christian congregation. As for everybody else they should have their own story.

• Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Heh, "medals." You Christians are prizeless.

• 10 months ago

The Mooneys?

• magix151
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Way back in the day, Rev. Moon had his big cult, they did mass marriages and all. But I think your idea would go over big. I would go just to see that!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Has to be fire balls

• Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

No actually it was someone totally different.

• Davros
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

"Was" a member. Sounds like it's all in the past now and be glad they escaped.

• Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Someone clearly missed my Jonestown comment.

• 10 months ago

WORLDWIDE CHURCH OF GOD FOR 20 yrs...never again...they changed their name now. I have been Methodist since 1996.

• Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Are you talking to Fireball or Uncle Crazy? Because you started talking about religious stuff but then you said meth addict, so I wasn't sure.

• 10 months ago

Referring to that person as a "prominent member" feeds into that person's ego.

• Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Well I mean she does post her retarded acronyms pretty much non-stop...

• 10 months ago

I'm not in a place intellectually that I would care. Why should I care? What's the point?

Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Right over your head, just like science.

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Does it really matter, if it was in the past.

• Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Same as the Holocaust. Gotcha.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.