What are good use cars under 5 years and good in rain which where I live can be like driving on wet ice if it hasn't rained recently?

and under 20K, I have been looking at use Prius, Camry, and C-max

Most cars, as long as they're equipped with good tires, can handle well on a wet road. Worn out tires will hydroplane and slide around, riding up onto the water like a boat. If you're car shopping, I suggest a Toyota or Honda.

Roads do become slippery when it first rains after a prolonged dry period. It's because of the rubber, dust, oil etc. which has accumulated on the surface during the dry spell. The best answer is good tires and sensible driving, no matter what you drive.

Driving in rain is about tyres more than the car, though front wheel drive cars are a lot more stable.

• chorle
      1 year agoReport

I don't disagree But the mid side car and the Prius (with there extra weight) I drove seemed less likely to hydroplane than the SW1 and the old small year Corolla I drove before them.

• paul

you live in California

get some goodyear eagle tires . you can feel the better grip in rain .

How much money ya got? Get any Toyota, Honda or Hyundai.

Subaru Impreza

Subaru Outback

Subaru Forester

Subaru WRX

Subaru has outstanding reliability and safety. Subaru is also famous for producing only AWD cars, AWD cars with exceptional handling for driving on any surface, even. Subaru makes some of the best rally cars in the world despite the rally cars of other automobile manufacturers that it competes against being all more expensive.

• Dan
      1 year agoReport

Just keep a couple thousand dollars in your piggy bank to do the head gaskets that will go bad.