Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 months ago

Why is there still such hatred towards the Jews? And why historically have they been persecuted more than any other race?

41 Answers

Relevance
  • Eddi
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Best answer

1. Jews have been around for at least 3200 years. They were rebelling against Greek and Roman hegemony, and simply have had hundreds of years to be the "other".

2. Jews were accused of Deicide, the killing of God (and still are by some Christian sects) for two millenium. They are also accused in the Quran for being enemies of the Prophet Mohammed. They are a minority religion which does not seek converts and has spent a large part of two millenium being despised by two gigantic and competing faiths which they live in.

3. One theory is that Jews, like Chinese who are successful and despised in similar diaspora settings, have made it -- and been resented as -- middleman minorities. Jews have been restricted to roles as traders, tax collectors, shopkeepers, etc -- because they could not own land in many Christian and Muslim nations -- see article https://www.hoover.org/research/anti-semitism-gene...

4. Jews have not had a homeland of their own since AD 69 (the fall of Judea and Jerusalem) and simply could not go back to any land where they would not be a peoples who lived at the sufferance of others.

5. Jews have maintained distinct languages, cultures, alphabets, cuisines, socializations, and of course religious practices, and as the chief "other" generate hate. Nationalism means you like people who are like yourself.

• Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

I am Not Jewish and I get abused because I am the Only one to own his own Home in My street and because I retired at 55 I must be a criminal

Jealousy causes people to be abused by No Hopers

• 9 months ago

I have no religious convictions. However the Jewish view of theology resonates with my own feelings (or thoughts). For that reason I have no feeling of animosity, still less. any hatred towards them. Add to this Jews seem to have good family values and their children are loved and supported. In their professional and business life they are law abiding So good luck to them.

• 9 months ago

But then they keep behaving in a manner that provides logical reasoning for the hatred. Example: Look at Brooklyn and Palestine.

• Zhu
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

No one in China cares, although tjecJewish communty is about 1, 000 years old. The problem is with Europuppy Jew haters.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

A very complex question which has been debated for ages

• 9 months ago

JEALOUSY, THEY THRIVE AND FLOURISH NO MATTER WHAT WAS DONE TO THEM. IF JESUS IS A REALITY, WOULD HE COME BACK AS A JEW? RELIGION AND POLITICS CAUSE WAR. PEOPLE NGO TO CONFESS THEIR SINS IN THE CTHOLIC CHURCH ND ARE GIVEN ABSOLUTION OR PENANCE BY SOME OF THE BIGGEST SINNERS, THE PRIESTS THEMSELVES.

• Tina
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

@Sid Absolution *and* penance.

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

The Lord tells us that they are slumbering.

• 9 months ago

They are God's chosen people, so satan hates them. Satan, the wicked one, hates them because the Messiah, Jesus Christ, came through them. The whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one and without realizing it, the Jew haters are doing satan's will. .

• 9 months ago

Jewish isn’t a race.

• Cousin
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

THAT Old Saw was finally dispelled by DNA. The Aaronite priesthood as a subgroup of the tribe of Levi has been proved genetically.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

In nature, competition is fiercest among closely-related organisms. Both Christianity and Islam are derived from Judaism. Besides, everyone needs a scapegoat; heaven forfend you take responsibility for your own foul-ups.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.