I paid my auto policy in full today. I wanted to know when will it ask me to make payments again. Is it annually?

I bought insurance in December of last year & have paid two installments. I pay 180 every month as a new driver, but I decided to pay the remaining balance upfront as 700$. Now I don't know if that is a discount or if paying upfront covers for half the year

12 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Some policies are 6 months and some are for a full year. Auto Club has a full year policy. State Farm and Allstate are 6 months. So, it depends on your insurance company. What company is it ? Was the downpayment a "broker fee"?? You better find out. Don't get ripped off.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

Call your insurance co and ask them. If you paid a full year, you should receive another bill in the month prior to its expiration date. Same thing if you paid 6 months. I used to pay it by the year, but when I bought my last vehicle, I set it up on monthly payments.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Some states demand insurance cover for a year, other states only requiter 6 months at a time. So it all depends on what state you live in. Hope this is some kind of help.

• 1 year ago

Read your policy...but you are only paid up for 6 months...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • lucy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Normally when you pay the policy in full, then will get a discount. With monthly payments, cost more, plus they add fees for billing you monthly.

Now when you got the policy, then on the front page is a declarations which will show the (total) cost of the policy for 1 year. My guess with 2 payments of $180 each (x 12 months = $2,160) and you paying the balance of $700 is for (6 months) thus would be billed around May/June for the next 6 months.

All policies are written for 12 months, but depending how you pay, either annually (1 time), or semi annually (2 times per year) or quarterly, every 3 months or monthly.

• B
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

call the customer service number on your invoice and ask them

• 1 year ago

Look at the last policy, it will say when it ran through. Its probably a yearly policy or 6 months but can't say how far into the period your policy already was.

• 1 year ago

Could be anything. Log into your account and find out.

• 1 year ago

If you have made 2 payments then you have 10 payments left. 10 X 180 is 1800, nowhere near 700. I doubt if paying up front would give that big a discount. Read the paperwork or ask your insurance company.

• It should have told you when your next payment will be due. Talk to your insurance agent or look your policy up online to check.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.