Last Will and testament questions?

I was given 1/3 of my aunts estate and my 4 year old was given 1/3 as well. I do not know anything about Wills, what to do or expect. If someone could give me links to websites or enlighten me through here please. I am not sure if this effects anything either but her home was sold almost a year ago after the will... show more I was given 1/3 of my aunts estate and my 4 year old was given 1/3 as well. I do not know anything about Wills, what to do or expect. If someone could give me links to websites or enlighten me through here please.

I am not sure if this effects anything either but her home was sold almost a year ago after the will was made and I guess my question is how would they know I was entitled to a portion of that.

I also do not understand where the money would go until my daughter turned 18 do they make a bank account for her? Also, I understand that after paying the people who sell it and so on and any fees there would be would then be the 1/3.