Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 10 months ago

why do people think the allies were the good guys even though more axis civilians were killed?

39 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Its because Hitler was going to put every child and man to shoot as many Russians as they could by the battle of Berlin. ALSO the 10 million "Undesirables" He killed

Source(s): Hitler Youth Artillery Scene from the move DownFall
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

It's about the ideologies that were supported. The Axis aligned their selves with the promoters of the holocaust. Holocaust was bad. Ergo, Axis = Bad

Also, the Japanese started to attack other countries to expand their rule. Expansion through conquest = bad. Ergo, Axis = Bad.

The Allies aligned with Communists who later committed huge atrocities to their own people. Ergo, Allies = Bad

There are arguments to make on all sides.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

That man laying down some rail.

People at that time spent plenty of time evaluating the viewpoint of the enemy and found it lacking. They were quite funky.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I know! Tell me about it! 8 million Germans died, and they were all good people. Hitler was a vegetarian who loved animals! Those damn Allied murderers!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Technically, more Allied civilians were killed, because Russia (Soviet Union) was an Allied member and Russia alone lost more civilians - estimated to be as high as 27 million - than civilians of all Axis countries combined. That doesn'r count all of the other Allied civilian losses.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Because History is written by the victors.

No doubt. If they allies lost, Harry Truman and Bomber Command would have been on trial and sentenced to death.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

allies wrote the postwar history

• 10 months ago

Because they’re us. The fact that more civilian citizens of axis nations were killed, if true would be of no relevance.

• shirtshertshurt
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

Killmousky, of no relevance to the question of who the, "good guys" are or were.

• 10 months ago

In war, the victors always get to write the history of it.

There were good and bad people on both sides. Hitler was a monster that needed to be stopped. But then again so was Stalin...

• megalomaniac
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Hitler and Stalin both were closer to the 99/1 ratio in my opinion. My real point is that Hitler has become synonymous with evil when Stalin should be equally so. Stalin was the victor so he got to spew the propaganda that gave a great many people the wrong impression of him.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

They started it, all we did was finish it.

Source(s): Retired Army SFC.
    • 10 months agoReport

I'm still fighting your wars dude. You finished nothing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.