Question about summons fine for smoking a cigarette in public bathroom?

Ok so, on the 22nd of January I had a few drinks at a bar located within a hoboken train station. I was pissed off about something and had too many drinks. Stupidly I smoked a cig in the train station bathroom, cuz, u know. Ok so some dude complained to a security officer in the station. The officer gave me a... show more Ok so, on the 22nd of January I had a few drinks at a bar located within a hoboken train station. I was pissed off about something and had too many drinks. Stupidly I smoked a cig in the train station bathroom, cuz, u know. Ok so some dude complained to a security officer in the station. The officer gave me a summons for smoking in a public restroom. I have to court on february 20th. This all happened in NJ. I was wondering what my fine amount would be about (its my first offense(...anyone have any ideas??)

What is this called exactly, a complaint or infraction?

Also , is it likely or even possible that when at court I will need to take a drug test? only wondering because I smoke weed occasionally, but I'm afraid they might randomly test me . What is the likelihood of this? Unless its completely impossible I'll just smoke on the 21st lol.

Thanks guys!
1 answer 1