A asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 year ago

I tried to permanently cut off family and it didn't work...?

I'm back at home with random people I don't want to be close to because it's very disgusting to me.

I'm not a people person but I don't know what to do and tried to go somewhere and my mom found me. Another time my sister followed me to a shelter.

I returned home to see what they had wanted. It was suddenly competitive and I was told why I was ntt good enough to be human.

It made me wonder what it was really about.

I didn't know what to do. I was confused.

I never thought they wanted to hurt me.

I used to be afraid because they were showing off except when they were happy that I was in a psychiatric ward. The Canadian supreme Court signed a court order and it was so stupid I thought it was a joke. I don't see what Canada is now besides ****.

• Cammie

You didn't mention your age but if you are over 18, leave a nice note and go.

Keep in touch with your parents and siblings [ it is so painful not to keep in touch ]

Sign up for therapy for your suffering and most likely depression.I wish you the best.

You obviously have something confusing going on upstairs, and my guess is the "random people" worry and care for you, but they live life like we all do in real time, so make their fair share of mistakes, plus they probably have their own mental problems and you have enough problems caring for youself that you don't have the bandwidth for empathy towards them. Whatever your "illness," this article might be helpful:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/i-m-elyn-saks-and-this-is-...

"happy that I was in a psychiatric ward" - They are happy because they want you to get better mentally, and this could make this happen.

"I was told why I was ntt good enough to be human. " - perhaps because they are angry because you tried to get away from them and you are showing dislike towards them when they really just want to help you

" very disgusting to me" - think through what they do carefully and realise that you cannot comprehend the full situation and the actual reasoning to what they do.

Jumping to conclusions based off feelings or limited knowledge is a bad idea for both yourself and others

Rrrrright. The only part of that little rant that makes any sense is that you were in a "psychiatric ward." Who'da thought......

I think the insight you're probably looking for is that it is YOU who has the choice whether to be upset by people or not. Total control is yours. Running away from family or shunning them seldom works because all we humans are hard-wired to need to be valued and loved without any need to show those feelings first. It may be that you are on the Autism spectrum and have a broken or almost-absent sense of empathy, but it won't stop family trying to look after you.

So take everyone at face value - how they are right now - and leave any judgementalism as a luxury to be looked at later on when you are away from meeting with them.

Shunning is very very hard long-term work. Accepting a helping hand is only hard to start with.