If poetry is dead then why is there a y/a poetry category and what was the last poem you killed?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

So am I to presume that the Phu Quoc province of Vietnam isn't dead just because Y!A made a category for it? Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure Y!A is not the arbiter of what is or isn't dead. It's Yahoo, not God.

If you can go up one by one to the next 10 random strangers you see and get even one of them to be able to recite from memory more than one poem, and I'm not talking song lyrics or nursery rhymes or something they just made up but an actual published poem, then I will happily concede poetry isn't dead. But I bargain that not one person in those 10 will even be able to come up with one, much less more than one.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

It is dead since the last I posted was around 8 months ago.

I hate to say it but a few died and others got ill from being reported too much.

• 1 year ago

I don't remember

• 1 year ago

Poetry is not dead. I know three people who read it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Poetry's is not dead, but you are right hardly anyone ready poems these days, plus modern poets are not even comparable to past greats like Eliot, browning, Shelley etc.

• Candy
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Too much rap has taken over with gutteral harsh sounding or sleazy lyrics.That is the worlds modern day poems that are everywhere.The only time I have heard poems really is when I watched classic movies lol like dead poets society.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

When I used to get rip-roaring drunk, I had a habit of reciting Siegfried Sassoon's anti-war poetry. Fortunately that is a part of my life I put behind me.

‘He’d never seen so many dead before.’

The lilting words danced up and down his brain,

While corpses jumped and capered in the rain.

No, no; he wouldn’t count them any more...

‘How many dead? As many as ever you wish.

Don’t count ’em; they’re too many.

Who’ll buy my nice fresh corpses, two a penny?’

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I don't remember

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.