My skin is super oily. How can I stop it from being so oily. I don't eat heaps of oily foods.?

Oily skin is genetic but can be helped I have extremely oily skin and it doesn’t help the acne but cleansing your face twice a day helps along with MOISTURIZING. Yes I know why moisturize when you’re already oily but trust me it helps a lot when you don’t moisturize that sends signals to your skin to create oil because your skin may feel dry. If you moisturize then it reduces your oil production but I’m not a dermatologist so get professional assistance first.

• wash your face by Facial cleanser

You have to avoid being in the sun on a daily basis.

Just apply an oil preventing face cream

You pretty much just have to outgrow it, unless you have acne and take Accutane, which dries skin out a great deal.

• Helen

Your skin type is not determined by your diet, it is determined by genetics and hormones.

You cannot change your skin type but the best way to reduce oily skin is to cleanse your face regularly with a gentle cleanser, use face masks designed for oily skin and moisturize daily with an oil-free or noncomeodogenic moisturizer. Many people with oily skin mistakenly believe that they don't need to moisturize because their skin is oily but this is far from true. In fact, oily skin can occur when your skin is too dry and therefore takes to producing excess oil.

Although it has it's downsides...embrace it! People with oily skin types age much slower!

• Mark

Do you wash things other than your hands with soap EVERY time? If so, there's your problem. Washing with soap (and very hot water) removes oil, which the skin then replenishes with MORE oil, causing someone to have to use more soap, which in turn causes then skin to produce even more oil, and so forth. I am glad I do not have oily skin.

• I had the same problem in the summer! I made a scrub by mixing honey, sugar, and lemon juice. This skin will moisturize and exfoliate it, try not to scrub hardly though and rather gently.

do you use face wash that strips your pores of all oil and dirt? like bar soap or a strong face wash? sometimes using harsh face washes that strip your skin of oils actually triggers your skin to produce excess oil. it might be better to use a gentler face wash and moisturize with a non-comedogenic oil. ik it sounds crazy to fight oil with oil haha, but trust me if really works for me.