humpty
Lv 7
humpty asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Is it time for Kirsten Gillebrand to step down?

The Senator demanded Al Franken resign because of a "tasteless" joke, yet failed to protect her own staff from sexual harassment. By her own standards she should resign, or at least not run for president any more, Shouldn't she?

Update:

Bear in mind this is a Democratic donor asking.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Best answer

The Governor-picked replacement for Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator Kirsten Gillebrand (D-NY), cooked her own goose when she went too far with her rigid "Me Too" crap without being fair to both sides. I'm talking about her going after a beloved and brilliant Senator Al Franken (D-MN) based solely upon a "trumped-up" (using the word "trump" has become an obscenity) election-year complaint by a Sean Hannity protégé named Leeann Tweeden from a 2006 USO tour event that happened long before comedian and author Al Franken entered politics. Tweeden was a career HOOTER's waitress, using her voluptuousness to entire men for big tips (no pun intended). Tweeden, a right-wing radio show hostess, posed nude for Playboy Magazine, and appeared often on Fox as a "consultant". So in a contentious election year where a child-molester and wing-nut Old Testament fanatic Roy Moore was the hugely unpopular behind-in-the-polls candidate, the Koch Donor Network right-wing extremists in control of the fight-dirty Republicans (Mayer, 2017) decided to use lie-based crap to counter by bringing down a very popular and beloved Democrat with false accusations---Al Franken. According to Leeann Tweeden, in a 2006 USO tour [for which Hooter's waitress Tweeden volunteered as a sex-exploiting titillating lure for the all-male military audiences in war zones] then-comedian (and script writer) Al Franken "kissed me" during a rehearsal, and "used his tongue." The kiss was WRITTEN INTO THE SCRIPT, and the picture this right-wing Sean Hannity protégé showed had at least three soldiers from the audience standing nearby (a common titillation used by Bob Hope for these types of provocative skits loaded with sexual innuendoes) and the SCRIPT was IN FRANKEN'S HAND while the kiss was being REHEARSED!

Kirsten Gillebrand did not even bother to give the accused the benefit of the doubt, denying a beloved Senator innocent of wrongdoing his DUE PROCESS, and she did not both to investigate the background of the accuser or she would have said what most Americans have said, "Bull crap!" (or words to this effect). I will never vote for Gillebrand for anything. I do like Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Joe Biden (D-VT), but hope powerhouse Beto O'Rourke (D-TX) runs first for Texas Governor to build his experience and put Texas firmly into Democratic hands.

• humpty
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Not sure about O'Rourke myself. So far this old white male is more inclined to Kamala Harris or Cory Booker, younger candidates who srill have lots of experience. Otherwise an excellent and well presented opinion.

• 8 months ago

the left is famous for kettle calling.

• humpty
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

And the right is not? Please! At least I am calling my own out here. What have you done about your hypocrites?

• 8 months ago

You are asking her to live by the standards that she set for someone else?

How silly of you.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

She's a member of one of the liberal protected classes (women), so the rules don't apply to her.

• humpty
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Since this Democrat is calling her out, this is obviously untrue.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes, or she should make ask Omar and Ocasio-Cortez to step down because of hate take and misuse of campaign funds.

• Congresswomen Omar and Ocasio-Cortez are not violating any laws at all by exercising their free speech rights, and nothing that freshman Representative Omar has said was about hate, to include a deserved criticism of the Israeli government under war criminal Binyamin Netanyahu.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You want Omar to step down because you are a Jew.

You want Kirsten Gillebrand to step down despite you being a democrat.

Why should everyone resign just because you are a jew and a democrat with an useless opinion ?

• humpty
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

What value are the anonymous insults of a troll?

• 8 months ago

She’s not going anywhere in this race. Too many Democrats are unhappy with her before she’s even begun to campaign.

• 8 months ago

It's time for all Democrats to step down. Most are arrogant, prideful, and overtly egotistical. They weren't voted in for their views, but to represent their constituents.

• humpty
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Bobby, a one party state would be a dictatorship? Are you a Fascist or a Communist to advocate this?

• Mike
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

All Green to He had to pay a intern with our money

• Steve
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

If she didn't have pipe fitter lips she'd be worthless.

• 8 months ago

Who is she?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.