How to approach random women?

This is something I struggle with everyday, ever since I was younger and has gotten worse. I am working at a hospital now and there are several attractive young ladies, but I don't know how to approach them and find a way to get to know them. I just feel bad that I have gotten this far and haven't come up with a way to really sweep a woman off her feet, or even get to the point where I can have a "successful" dating life. There are people my age (I am 33 years old) who are married and having children, and I don't even have anything going on. I am just trying to figure out how to see the girl (whether she is by herself or in a group), approaching her and actually getting her attention and a go from not knowing her to possible relationship. Another thing is wondering if I am good enough (do I have enough money, am I too fat, don't have my own place yet, etc.). Lastly, is knowing what to say to keep things going, even though she might not say much. I really need some advice on this situation.

• Rick B

You don't. You are not at work to hookup with chicks. You should not be approaching attractive young ladies at work.

That being said, if you are 33, live at home, and are overweight, most women are not going to be very interested. Why don't you work on those two things and then start approaching women (but not at work).