How many Yahoo! Politics users have ever worked in an election campaign?

Party and candidate are unimportant. The question is whether you have ever served as a canvasser, scrutineer or organizer. How many of us have actual experience from inside the process?

Please share your experience with us.

I volunteered with my Congressman's campaign my senior year in high school. I was pretty much a "gopher" doing menial office tasks and running errands. I worked a couple campaigns during my college years and moved to more analytical and PR work, compiling poll data, writing press releases, etc. Computers, let alone one with Lotus1-2-3 or a viable word processor installed, were still luxuries at that time, so number crunching was still done by hand and writing was done on typewriters.

Over the years since then I've worked a few campaigns, more for measures than for candidates. Generally I stay more on the "behinds the scenes" side doing support and PR-related stuff rather than the "in your face" canvassing, cold calling and vote wrangling.

• humpty
      1 year agoReport

I have done the same for fifty years. People who do not act are acted on, aren't they?

I volunteered with the Summit County Democratic Party during my college years. I also volunteered for the Ted Strickland gubernatorial campaign. I'm one of those blue-collar trash people you look down on. Go wipe yourself with some benjamins.

• Mike

I campaigned for a candidate for governor (he won) and I campaigned for a candidate for mayor (he won). As a reward, I got a nice provisional appointment to a relaxing city job which enabled me to go to law school at night.

• David

I worked on a measure political campaign-gathering signatures, public speaking, letters to the editor, strategizing, etc. We lost the election, but the experience was worth it.

18 Year Secret Service Agent. Assigned to the Personal Protection

unit. From POTUS to Cabinet to High Profile Visitors. I do believe

qualifies me to be somewhat more then just somewhat informed

as to how the Belt Way and DC actually works. 12 Year 5th Grp,

Special Forces Member. MOS 18 a. OAD team leader.

• humpty
      1 year agoReport

Not quite what I was asking, but thank you for your service.

I did. All I really did was walk around scanning the people for weapons.

I volunteered in high school. It was a requirement for a class I was taking. Local campaign for state senate.

I was in the union for a couple of years. We were REQUIRED to spend at least 6 hours working the phone bank on election years. Wanna take a stab at what party we were promoting?

• Lv 4
      1 year agoReport

public masturbater party?

pfftttt thats expecting wayyy to much for this place

I suspect nobody.