Can I make a beef chilli with shin of beef?

Want to make chilli con carne but instead of using beef mince I was thinking to use beef chunks to give it a nicer texture. I have seen recipes that use beef brisket and then it all pulls apart after cooking. I have bought beef shin which I have used in the past for casseroles and it gets really tender. I'm going to do it in the slow cooker. Do you think it will work?

I often cube beef for chili rather than using ground beef.

I think the texture is better.

Although right now a big pot of Beef Barley soup sounds much better than chili and that would be awesome with beef shank. That meat need long slow cooking that a soup or chili would do. (pressure cooker would be even better.)

you can make your chili with what ever meat you want, no matter the animal it came from or how you cut it.

I have had venison chili made with chunks of lean venison...delish! I have had it with chunks of chicken in a white base, scrumptious.

Yes. It should be be delicious!

Yes, shin of beef needs long slow cooking.