Single payer true believers, did you read Yahoo! News today?

Today's headline was about a Medicare fraud ring that was busted. The theft is measured at 1.2 billion dollars. When thousands of insurance companies are processing payments, there is no chance of a major ripoff. Years ago the US Government admitted annual Medicare fraud to be $50 billion.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

I believe in Medicare/Medicade for (listen closely) US CITIZENS THAT NEED IT.

US CITIZENS THAT NEED IT.

If they Dems want to look after non-US citizens, they should set up a private fund.

I try to avoid Yahoo News as it's the internet's version of MSNBC.

(:

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Drs rip off private insurance companies also

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Sharon
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

My dad says he got phone calls that apparently were trying to suck him into this, and always insulted them before hanging up

• James
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

$1.2 billion, the government must be amateurs, big insurance take us for more than that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

In my nursing career, I learned that there are some very usual practices which are technically Medicare "fraud." For example, in the nursing home setting. If in passing morning medications, Ms. Smith has run out of Plavix then it's an ordinary things to "borrow" one dose from Ms. Milton. Then tomorrow, when Ms. Smith's Plavix is delivered, "pay back" Ms. Milton. Per those who determine "Medicare Fraud," both Ms. Smith and Ms. Milton have been defrauded of a full month's supply of Plavix. While the reality is that nobody has suffered any loss, any harm. So I take those "$5M in Medicare Fraud" numbers with a big big grain of salt.

• 1 year ago

If you want single payer; we've already got it. It's the VA. 6 month wait for appointments and plenty of bureaucrats (government employees outnumber medical personnel by over 20:1)

• 1 year ago

Facts don't matter to Bernie Sanders, the crazy proponent of Medicare for everyone. Also in today's news.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Medicare is not single payer. Medicare for all is the same system israel has.

• regerugged
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Anon is stupid. My question is about "single payer" not about Medicare.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.