Will the tablet ever replace the desktop?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

I seriously hope not

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

No, if tablet replace the desktop then why we need the tablet?

• 1 year ago

NO. NOT cost effective. Lacks performance and durability.

Batteries are becoming more durable. but still flawed

____

Smartphones will replace tablets. Folding phone are just starting. Not worth buying now.

____

LAPTOPS would replace desktops. They are becoming more efficient. My guess is 5-10 years all laptops will be workstations. (portable, capable of connecting desktop-hubs, just detach and go. Some 2-in-1)

Look at. Dell Precision mobile workstations. This will be the standard soon.

Precision > XPS > Inspiron (about 5+ years, current business model > entry-level consumer)

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Possible. I don't see it at this point though.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

No, all computing devices are inherently compromises of power, performance, and portability. A desktop places more emphasis on the power and performance over the portability. A laptop places more emphasis on the portability, so its performance and power consumption are limited compared to a desktop. A laptop can be taken from place to place and plugged in anywhere, and even has a bit of a battery to able to be used temporarily when a power plug isn't readily available. A tablet really compromises the performance and keeps power consumption low as possible to be as portable as it is. Most people still prefer the performance of laptops and desktops over the portability of tablets.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

its more likely that cloud computing will replace the desktop for most people. but those computers still need to exist for people to access them through the cloud.

• 1 year ago

Probably not as a desktop is usually way more powerful and has better cooling abilities.

• 1 year ago

I hope not. And I hope it never replaces the laptop either.

• 1 year ago

No.

I develop Android application meant to run on tablets and smartphone; trust me, I would not want to develop the code on a tablet. There are things that a tablet is not suited for.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

No. Something not yet invented will one day replace both.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.