Is Mary the Mother of God?

Which god are you referring to?

• Grace

Some say yes and others say she was a friend of Jesus and others say she is the sister of Lazarus and others say she is Magdalene and what really matters is she did exist.

• Dr. D

If Jesus is God, then "Yes" Mary is his mother. However, this doesn't make Mary God. Jesus was God before Mary was born. Mary is the Mother of God in the sense that Jesus lived as a human being.

• Andy7 months agoReport

Mary was the mother of Jesus God in human flesh. The idea that Mary is the mother of God in the sense that she was the source of God or somehow predated God or is herself part of the Godhead is patently unbiblical. Also mary was not sinless

The Noble Lady Mary is the mother of Prophet Jesus,a revered Prophet of Allah the Almighty.

• Meg

No.

Mary gave birth to the Son of God, Jesus, not to God. The Trinity doctrine is not taught in the Bible. It’s a doctrine made by men.

Quite bluntly. Yes. Many Protestants don’t believe that she is, but as a Christian she has to be. Jesus is God, and Mary is the mother of Jesus - so she is the mother of God.

• Climate Realist

The Trinity is not a Catholic doctrine. Just a doctrine that Catholics follow. One of the few things that Catholics get right.

Mary is the mother in Jesus, the Christ. He is God in His incarnate form, but God Himself is a spirit, and He identifies Himself in Exodus 3 as "The Self-Existent One," I AM WHO AM. The Holy Trinity has no parent, but Jesus God's only human born Son did.

In a manner of speaking.

. . . the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us . . . John 1:14

Mary was the vessel for the Word to take on flesh and be born both God and Man, given the name Jesus. By giving birth to him, Mary was obviously the mother of the Man/God, but not the creator of God the Son.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Rolando C I

The non-biblical teaching of the Trinity causes a lot of confusion. When you don't believe in such false teaching the confusion goes away. Mary was the mother of the Son of God not God.

• Phil M

According to the bible that I read, Mary is the mother of Jesus, who is the son of god.

• Donald

No! God & Jesus are two separate beings... Why would Jesus pray to God in the garden of Gethsemane if he were God? Why would he have said "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?". Jesus was not here to deceive us, so he would not have done these things if they were not two separate beings. He is not a liar or one that would deceive us!

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, “Peace be unto you. As My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you.”

Ephesians 1:3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Luke 10:21-22 - In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 - Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Jesus taught about his Father in heaven at least 181 times during his ministry. Read the bible and then pray about it any you will understand that they are two separate and distinct individuals! If you believe otherwise, then you do not understand the bible.

Have a wonderful day.

• Rolando C I

That's true. But they are not being guided by the holy spirit. 1 John 4:1