Patrick asked in PetsCats · 1 year ago

Do you let your cats get on the kitchen counters?

I encourage my cats to get on the counters because that's where I feed them. My roommate takes issue with this.

46 Answers

Relevance
  • Blonde
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

I let my cat do whatever she wants. It’s in their nature to climb. But, when using the kitchen table to prepare food, I will pull out a chair and point to it..she will then get down from table and sit in the chair and watch me. Cats respond better when you point to things and use hand signals along with verbal commands. :)

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Of course I knock cats off counters. It is unsanitary. And your practice is an abomination. Any other skeletons in the closet?

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

it would be ok if u did not have a flatmate. feed them on the kitchen floor or outside.

• 1 year ago

Always

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I wouldn't let any of my pets on Kitchen counters if I had any. I don't go inside kitchen counters so why should they be allowed to when those places are to store food.

• 1 year ago

We tolerated it,,a little. Had a pet skunk and possum do the same. Just looking for food likely. Odd because they had their food bowls on the floor and never went without.

We just put them on the floor, never really know where they been.

• 1 year ago

I wouldn't encourage it. If the cats jump on the kitchen counters, gently pick them up and place them on the floor. It's not hygienic.

• 1 year ago

Wow aren't you a lovely roommate. Why are you feeding them on the counter? Cats use litter boxes and step in the poop and piss. Disgusting you would allow them on the counter ESPECIALLY when you have a roommate.

Selfish pigs like you are why I have lived on my own most of my life. Gross!

• 1 year ago

No i don't let my cat's on counters. I don't think it's that bad when people do, but cat hair can end up everywhere when cats are shedding.

• 1 year ago

I do ,it doesn't really effect anything

• 1 year ago

No we don't. We are not very stringent on it as we still find hair up there but that's where food is made. Their paws are in their litter, pee, and poop. If they are outside cats, they are walking around on who knows what. It's just unsanitary to have them on the counter I think.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.