Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicJazz · 1 year ago

Where could I find a cheap saxophone?

So I play the trombone in band but I've always liked the sound of a saxophone and think it'd be really cool to learn how to play one. I don't want to spend a lot on it because it's not what I play for band and I don't really need one. So where could I find a relatively cheap one? Thanks!

I think you should try westmusic

If you have a local Sam Ash then they have the Jean Baptiste brand.

• D50

Try Craigs List. Save a search for "saxophone" or alto or tenor (or bari or soprano) if that's what you want. It will email you when new listings come up. People frequently sell instruments they don't play for very little. It would be good to familiarize yourself with them or take someone who plays when you go look at one. Good luck. Sax is a lot of fun and is fairly easy to learn, especially if you already read music and know something about it.

• Mike

Music stores rent instruments.

you could try arnazon, they sell used stuff and cheap stuff there

• Kyle

cheap saxophones won't sound nearly as good as what you hear or want to sound like. you might be better off renting a decent one instead. if you're in school, see if they have instruments to rent and what financing options to have. otherwise just go to local music stores in your town.

wwbw is a large musical website with a lot of options. but i don't know if they rent or not.

https://www.wwbw.com/Intermediate-Alto-Saxophones....

use that site as idea on how much saxophones cost. and figure out which model you want to play. most students start on alto or tenor. i play alto myself.

maybe you can play trombone for concert band, and saxophone and try marching band. if your school has pep band or jazz, maybe you can partake those for saxophone too.

look at lessons. again, see to your school how much they would cost, or local music stores in your area.

Selmer and Yamaha are good models for new students to look into. with a wide range of prices. so figure out your budget, and start shopping. each new saxophone will also come with its own basic mouthpiece and ligature, but you may need to buy your own reeds too. so ask some advice from your band teacher on what to get too.

best bet is to get it online, they are used saxophones for low prices

nowhere