What’s it like to walk around the nude city of Cape D’Agde in southern France?

I recently heard about the Cape D’agde In southernn France which is one of the largest naturist colonies around

• Toruko

Probably like the two thousand odd nude

Canadians found in English Bay each summer.

British Columbia is warm enough south of

those naked people to grow cactus on their

offshore islands.

Be aware of Muslims

No one cares about the fashion designer you use off site. NO prejudging based on a suit and tie,or ripped jeans t shirt fashion style.

There are many places similar to this one in France. One in the UK is just off the M1

Near Toulon in France there is a nudist Island

Originally this naturist camp, was only a camping site next to the town: Agde in the South East France. Then little by little it became a naturist camping site and even nowadays it is an independent village. It is called: Le Village Naturiste / Naturist Village ( literally).

The Naturist Village became a town by itself. There are 2 km (1,3 miles) of beach, a large marina + 2,500 campsites, apartment complexes, hotel, shops, restaurants, night clubs, bars, post office, bank and ATMs, launderettes, hairdressers and other facilities. In all there are about 180 businesses in the village. One can potentially spend an entire vacation without leaving the area and without wearing clothes ( if the weather allows it of course).

I'm a native French person and I live in the South West France and I know Agde, however I never been in this Naturist Village. I visited most of the towns in the East of France, including French Riviera, Monaco, etc..

most nudists arent pleasant to look at

• Sky

I imagine it would be wonderful. I've never been there, although I'd love to visit sometime. However, I have been to naturist resorts and experienced the wonderful freedom of going completely nude without a care in the world. But it's not complete freedom since the nudity is limited within the property of the resort; go nude beyond the boundary and it becomes illegal (which is absolutely illogical, irrational, and unconstitutional, but that's a rant for another time). So to extrapolate that experience up to a setting like a whole town where people can freely go nude, whether to the bank or the beach, the grocery store or the barber shop, that would have to be an amazing feeling of freedom. And for someone who's new to nudity and the naturist lifestyle, the feeling of liberation (from the fears, phobias, embarrassment, and shame about nudity that commonly gets imposed on us) is just incredible.

There should be more cities and towns like Cap d'Agde around the world, including here in the US. If one existed where it was right in the law that nudity is a free right and shall never be criminalized, I would move there in a heartbeat.

Source(s): naturist since 1990

I haven't been there but have been to other naturist places.

It takes a leap of faith for those no used to it but it soon starts to feel normal, even liberating. Everyone else is naked too. No one stares. No one makes you feel awkward. In fact, everyone conducts themselves in a responsible, respectful way.

Immature idiots tend not to go to nudist places so there is less bad behaviour than you get at normal 'clothed' resorts and beaches.

Most people carry a towel which is placed on chairs before sitting down.

I just did a Google Image search on that nudist colony. If you're nothing to look at when naked - you'll fit in just fine. Obviously having a beautiful body is NOT a requirement! THAT SAID.. some of the photos suggest that some people have sex on the beach... so I don't know. Hmm....

• David

Very cold in the Winter