It is okay to be friends with someone despite him or her being in a relationship?

Can people be friends with others despite him or her being married or having a boyfriend/girlfriend in a relationship? There are some men and women that can get jealous if their boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife is friends with someone.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes, that's perfectly OK. It would be wrong, and impractical, for one person to forbid the other from having friends of the romantically-preferred sex. Jealously serves no good purpose in a relationship.

• 7 months ago

It can be acceptable as long as boundaries remain in place. For example, my husband's female "friend" would text him until 11 pm and start again at around 5 am. That is not acceptable. Nor was the content of what they were texting. The friend needs to remain respectful of the marriage.

• 7 months ago

It really depends on the couple. I have a wife who gets jealous and has been cheated on, so I don't push that boundary.

• 7 months ago

i would say its fine lol

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

I'm in a committed long term relationship, but I still have single women as friends ....... My GF knows them all .........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.