Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 year ago

What if the Egyptians mummified themselves so they could later be ressurected trough clonning?

I've heard that ancient people could be ressurected in a way through cloning, we have cloned things already and who knows what someone with the capability to do so would in secret, like clone humans.

Update:

Would do in secret

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

1. Mummification is a burial process that the Egyptians as well as other cultures used.

2. The Egyptians didn't believe in cloning, they believed in reincarnation

3. I believe the word you were looking for was through. The concept of cloning didn't exist at the time of ancient Egypt

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Jahal
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

They could Walk like an Egyptian....

• 1 year ago

I don't know what you mean by 'what if?' Suppose they did? Well?

• Fred
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

They have managed to clone animals from other live animals. Whether they could get any useable DNA from someone who has been dead and mummified for several thousand years I don't know. I did see a program where they were trying to extract DNA from frozen Mammoths and were to try and use the egg from an elephant to remove its DNA and inject the Mammoth DNA but had so far not found a mammoth that they could get any useable DNA out of. Mammoth were still roaming some places when the Egyptians were building their pyramids and mummifying their dead and have been found frozen and complete and they cannot get DNA from them so they have no chance of getting any from a dried up mummy. Even if they could the person created would have no memory of being a Pharaoh or their past life as only the tissue and bones are grown and the brain has to learn as any child brain does.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Haha thats a funny though! :D

• 1 year ago

you are so very, very dumb.

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

We knew you couldn't keep the Secret and now you have publicised our private information.

Source(s): That straight from the Mummies.
  • Kin
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

No, no cloning. Although, Allah will resurrect every human being for Judgement Day. Allah is the Resurrector and will bring the dead back to life including those who think resurrection is impossible. Its not impossible for God to resurrect.

• trurider t
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

The Egyptians WERE NOT Muslim.

• 1 year ago

Cloning wouldn’t resurrect the same people.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

That wasn't what they believed. They literally believed in the resurrection of the dead.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.