Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 year ago

Can I hide the fact that I used my parents insurance?

Long story short I lost my virginity to this guy and I think he gave me something terrible. I’m a broke college student who still lives with her parents and is under their insurance. Is there a way to use their insurance to get tested at planned parenthood without them finding out? My parents still think I’m a virgin. I can’t risk telling them or I’ll be homeless.

Not a chance. Every use of the policy is recorded and goes back to the policyholder.

No. Pay for it out of pocket.

Visit your gynecologist...once they see that on the EOB...I bet your parents never question it...

• lucy

You must pay cash and leave your insurance card at home. (IF) you use the insurance, then the insurance sends out a EOB that would state that (you) went to planned parenthood or a clinic on such and such date. Now it may only show for instance a charge for an exam, or that they took a lab test that they billed to the insurance. But either way, you don't want them to ask you, why did you go to the clinic or planned parenthood on such and such date?

But, (if) they have to take a test to determine if in fact you got something like a STD/STI, then the lab (might) mail the results back to you and if so, then I suggest you give them an address of a friend to get it vs getting mailed at your house, since you live at home. Even if your parents don't read your mail and they see something from a lab addressed to you, then could question (why)?. I say this, since when I was a teen went to planned parenthood for birth control, but since I needed a pap, the lab sent back the results to my home, thus when my mom saw the lab addressed to me, asked me why?.

You will have to pay cash - out of your own pocket. If you charge it to your parents' insurance, the statement they receive will show exactly what the charges were for and who they were charged to, and who charged them.

No. If you don't wan them to know that you used their insurance, then don't use their insurance. The way to get tested without them knowing is to use only your own money to pay for the testing, without using insurance.

Just go see your ob/gyn. You receive the explanation of benefits and it doesn't say why you went.

Go to a planned parenthood, or if you do have some kind of free or low cost clinic in your area. Your parents would find out if you used their insurance.

• car253
      1 year agoReport

Great Answer.

You can use planned parenthood without it going on your parents' insurance. Also the county health clinic is likely to treat STD/STI for $0.

• Casey Y
      1 year agoReport

Test for...depends on the std whether they will treat it...

If you are on your parents' insurance, you can use it, but, they will shortly mail an 'explanation of benefits' to your parents. It will list the clinic or doctor and what the bill is for. If you are a college student, look for a campus clinic or free clinic in your area.

1 year agoReport

"they" won't. SHE will.