I asked my sister out and she rejected me, I don't understand?

Ok. I posted a question many years ago on here asking if I should ask my sister out because I loved her. Obviously people told me not to, and I understand why. I decided to sit on these thoughts but they never went away. So yesterday, My sister and I were alone in her house. She was telling me about her day and I... show more Ok. I posted a question many years ago on here asking if I should ask my sister out because I loved her. Obviously people told me not to, and I understand why. I decided to sit on these thoughts but they never went away. So yesterday, My sister and I were alone in her house. She was telling me about her day and I was just sitting there staring at her because she was really pretty. So something came over me and I basically told her that I had feelings for her for many years now.

She wasn't grossed out by what I said, which I expected. I've always thought that we had chemistry. I've always had this strong feeling that if I told her how I feel, she would accept me. But like the title, she didn't accept me. I don't think she was surprised at all by what I said. But she said that she doesn't feel the same about me. I don't understand why she rejected me. I know why she rejected me, I just didn't understand it. The chemistry between us is not that of siblings. I thought that she liked me too, but she didn't.

If she didn't have feeligns for me, she would be grossed out by me right? I mean that's what I hear people usually say about their siblings. But she was very kind to me, which confuses me even more. I've liked her since I was 13. She moved out to get married when I was 8 and got a divorce a couple of years later and moved back in. I'm 25 now and she's 37. She's still a single mom. Why didn't she marry another man if she didn't have feelings for me?
Update: Did her circumstances just happened to be like that? I don't think so. I think she loves me too which is why she didn't remarry. It's like all the pieces fit, but she just doesn't love me. Why did she ask me to come to her house so often?
Update 2: I love her because she's very beautiful and very kind. I'm not sick. I just know a good woman when I see one. I will dare to say that we are MEANT TO BE. I know people don't understand, but I just feel it.