When I was a child my sister got hurt to the point of near death and I witnessed it. Would I qualify for PTSD if this happened 15 years ago?

Update: How would I go about discussing this with my doctor? I have avoided being seen for the past 5 years.
Update 2: I still cry and break down when I think about the situation. It makes me sick to my stomach. I wake up in cold sweats and screaming more often than I'd like along with many other problems. Namely paranoia and anxiety. I am able to state it "so plainly" as you put it because for one this is a place... show more I still cry and break down when I think about the situation. It makes me sick to my stomach. I wake up in cold sweats and screaming more often than I'd like along with many other problems. Namely paranoia and anxiety. I am able to state it "so plainly" as you put it because for one this is a place where no one knows me. I am afraid of being medicated, and thought to be crazy.
Update 3: I have avoided doctor's for years and have no idea how to broach the subject. Also i'm afraid of judgment, which seams to be the way every single one of those replies were written so thank you guys