Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Is atheism a religion?

If it is can I declare my house an atheist church where atheists actively practice not practicing religion and donate tons of money to my own church and get away with not paying taxes?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

I think atheism was added to the list of "religions" that are tax exempt in the US, so yes.

• Veschengro
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

The u.s. is not the rest of the World , and atheism is also by no means a religious belief either and Raynaldo is also correct-

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

No it is not , since religion base on atleast these three things, the Prophets, the Holy Books being teached by the Prophets concerned and the followers from the beginning up till present and would be continued till the end of the world.

• 1 year ago

Atheism is NOT a religion. And no church should get away with not paying taxes.

• 1 year ago

No, but atheist organizations can access the same tax exempt status and other rights as religious groups can.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

no Atheism is a refusal to recognise deities and nothing more or less

• 1 year ago

So, what do atheists worship? Oh, that's right. Nothing.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 1 year ago

Sign me up.

• Veschengro
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

it certainly is in my case, like i or not. And thats your opinion choko and opinions are like buttholes everyone has one so you are quite entitled to yours eh

• 1 year ago

Is bald a hair color?

Atheism has

- no supreme being(s) or supernatural entities

- no weekly ceremonies

- no place of worship (church, mosque, temple, kingdom hall, great baobab tree...)

- no "official" dogma

- no mandatory teaching.

Also, the church business system is US only and has nothing to do with spirituality.

• 1 year ago

Nope.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Technically, it is not. The only commonality is not believing in a deity. However, there can be a para-religion or parody religion that accepts atheists in its membership. The United Church of Bacon is headquartered in Las Vegas where I live.

https://unitedchurchofbacon.org/

They occassionally post billboards.

It is a legal church. There are about 20,000 members worldwide.

They have real goals and missions. There is a serious side fighting discrimination against atheists in society.

As to getting your home declared a religious church, you need to look up the rules and requirements in your legal jurisdiction (location). Possibly contact the Church of Bacon. Penn Jillette, of Penn and Teller, is an active member.

• Veschengro
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

AJ You must be a brick short of a full load if you really believe the crap you wrote above in your answer

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.