Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicJazz · 1 year ago

Can you sell used mouthpieces?

Specifically large bore trombone mouthpiece s and trumpet

• D50

I don't understand the question. Anything can be sold, if you can find a buyer. Are you asking if there are special rules about selling mouthpieces; like getting some special certificate of cleanliness or something? I'd doubt it very much. Anyone buying a used mouthpiece will, obviously, wash it before using it.

For something this specific, I would advise to go to Yahoo Groups and join that trombone forum that seems to have the most recent activity. Or find the national trombone organization - all instruments have one, like the National Flute Association, or TUBA (Tubists United Brotherhood Association). Most players have drawers and boxes full of things that *seemed like a good idea at the time*. Me? - I need to sell a pile of electronics from Radio Shack Days up to today - and my second best bass flute - yeah, the one that looks like a floor lamp. Small pool of folks for that last thing, I tell ya . . .

Take them to the music shop.

• Kyle

look into sanitizing it first. plenty of music stores themselves sell used equipment. and players will try pieces out before purchasing as well, so they have to sanitize it before the next musician.

you could try looking online on ebay and see if you can find similar ones to sell. or call local music stores if they buy used equipment. you could even try local pawn shops.

Yes you can. They have plenty for sale online.