neal asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 year ago

at 66 will my wife go on regular s.s.i. she is on s.s. disability , she has cancer?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It is the same thing. There is no such thing are regular SSI. SSI is disability regardless of age. Age does not matter. If your asking if she should switch to Social Security Retirement Benefits, you need to go into the social security office and sit down with someone to go over which is better for her, SSI or Social Security Retirement Benefits. Which is better depends on which plan will give her more money. Did she work all of her life or part ? Or, can she get half of our Social Security Retirement Money? And, if she can get half of your Social Security money it does NOT effect your check.

So, it comes down to which plan would she get more money out of, SSI Or Social Security Retirement benefits ?

Go into the social security office and someone will help you figure that out.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Kini
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Is she on SSDI or SSI? At 66, she will get her retirement benefit.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Automatically moved over to regular social security insurance.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

This isn't a question about cancer, it's about coverage. Moved to insurance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Your wife was on social security disability, when she turned 65 the SS Disability automatically turns into SS retirement which she will have for life. It should be the same pay as SS disability

• 1 year ago

Depends which country but I am in UK and when my dad had cancer he was already a pensioner but also got disability allowance before he did but here in UK it is now very hard to get it if you can still breath. Good Luck

• 1 year ago

no, SSI is WELFARE for people not qualified for SSDI or SS retirement.

SSDI just converts to SS retirement at retirement age,the benefit amount stays the same

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

probably

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

what type and what stage

• 1 year ago

You've made a series of statements with a question mark at the end.

What, exactly, are you trying to ask?

• SimplytheFACTS
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

"will my wife go on regular s.s.i"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.