Caitlyn asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

My parents wont let me wear a bikini because they say it makes women look like sluts and that they do it for attention.?

I'm 16 going on 17 and my parents won't let me buy a bikini for the summer. They tell me I'm going to get mugged or raped if i wear one. they also say it makes me look fat. I'm not fat or skinny.I'm only 25lbs over weight. I feel like they are calling me fat because they tell me I'm not skinny enough to wear one. I'm smaller than most people in my family.

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

What else would you even wear when swimming ????? Lol

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

They probably don’t want you to get raped or pregnant. They Know what kind of world we live in now. On the other hand, you’re going to stand out if you wear a one-piece when everybody else is wearing bikinis. And most people your age don’t want to do that. I can see their point and I can see yours

• Joe E
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Patience. Everything is temporary.

• 6 months ago

wear whatever the **** you want. people don’t always wear stuff for attention, it’s for themselves. your parents sound toxic and incredibly sexist

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Will
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Tell them that if they want to worry like that they can, but you're not going to let irrational concerns hold you back in life. "In two years I am going to be an adult and no longer need your guys' approval. It's controlling habits like this that make teenagers hate their parents."

• 6 months ago

Your parents are correct. However, it is your desire, which you may fulfill after your marriage you may wear a bikini in front of your husband in your house within the boundary wall, where no other person could see you.

• 6 months ago

Don't follow the way of the world. God says the path to Hell is wide and the path to Heaven narrow. If you wanna wear a bikini because "all the other girls are doing it" don't. Think for yourself, I following other people more important than God? Is showing that much of your flesh in front of a bunch of guys REALLY the right thing to do? I can tell you from experience as a previous teen, that one you should listen to your parents, they love you and are trying to help you/know whats best for you. 2 Trying to fit in is SOOOOO not worth it, and you'll look back someday and always remember the choices you made.

• 6 months ago

So...why would you wear a bikini? What's your purpose in baring for all to see if not to tease? And teasing is in fact what sluts do.

Your parents are right. After you turn 18 and move out of their house, then you can tease all you want. You'll be an adult then. And you'll be totally responsible for whatever you do.

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

And there, woman, is what you and others like you don't get. Men are turned on by women's bodies. And when women choose to bare their bodies, they are teasing the men who see them. It's not misogynistic when it's the truth.

• 6 months ago

Just say you are trying to cultivate a healthy body image for yourself, and them telling you all this is just making you feel bad about your body, like it is something that should be covered up, and do they see you that way, like someone who should feel free to be who you really are and how you want to be, or should you just conform to the opinions and wishes of how others feel you should be? I mean you are going to be an adult very soon, isn't this the time to start preparing for what it will be like to make your own decisions while you still have the emotional safety net of your family, not judging you for every little choice you make?

• 6 months ago

i would wait till youre out and on your own to wear one if you dont want angry parents around

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.