Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 year ago

Are you pro life or pro choice?

Neither.

pro choice if you cannot take care of a living thing then its the best thing to do

I'm pro minding my business.

Gaysjsnneeeoe

• Liz

I don't think it is that easy. I ask a lot of pro life people if they are willing to support a pregnant woman with costs of pregnancy and support of raising a child whether that is health care, food, living costs (day care is super expensive). Usually the person says no and that they should work harder - it isn't their job to support them.

I don't understand how people can force a woman to go into massive debt for prenatal care and delivery (my understanding is that it is a lot of money in the US - being Canadian takes that part away from the issue) and other related costs.

Also making contraception accessible and affordable would lead to a lot less abortions (abstinence does not work).

Until we are having a discussion on supporting women and kids (or families), the women's right to abortion shouldn't be debated (unless it is past 24 weeks when a fetus is viable outside the womb without a medical reason). Accidents happen.

Neither, the dichotomy is for stupid people.

Pro choice, woman has the right to choose what she does with her body and rather or not she wants a child straight up... also it's nobody business as to why she wants the abortion.

• Elana

Pro-choice. That is to say, I believe the choice to bring a fetus to term should be that of the mother. Period. End of sentence. I know it's a cliche, but abortions should be "safe, legal and rare".

I believe we should give women a myriad of tools to avoid having to do it, but I think there are circumstances that, as society, we cannot control, where this most personal decision cannot be usurped by religion, family or law.

Would I do it? I'd like to think "no", but I haven't been raped, I've never been pregnant with a child that will be horribly deformed and probably not survive out of the womb, etc. No man ... and NO WOMAN can say for absolute certainty that they wouldn't do it under the worst of circumstances. It is simply impossible to dictate morality here when you cannot even get a glimmer of the circumstances women making this choice face.

I certainly wouldn't use it as a type of lazy birth control, and I think most women would find the idea of repugnant. I'm sure there will be some women who WILL use it that way, but I think that is acceptable in order to be able to handle all of the nasty cases where abortion really is the lesser of multiple evils.

For those of you who think it could never be the lesser of any evil, CLEARLY your full of it. Consider the case where if you don't abort the baby, Mom dies. Very simple. The baby is going to die anyways. If you are "pro-life", you would abort the baby to save Mom's life.

To those trying to legislate morality of abortions, get off your high horse and join the real world where decisions are complicated, not having enough money to feed your family is a real problem and there are actual consequences in terms of law, poverty and social stress to forcing people to have children they don't want.

• Jack
      1 year agoReport

I agree with most of what you've said, but I am absolutely receptive to restrictions on when a baby can be aborted. I'm not so much in favor of the heartbeat being the cut off, but when a fetus is nearly fully developed, unless the mother is in danger of dying, abortions shouldn't be permitted!

I am for life but i am pro choice(and honestly i wish it wouldnt have to be this way) because this is the only option we have besides birth control to stop a child from growing up in a lacking home

if a girl gets an abortion is obviouse she cant provide something for it and that will effect the childs life. could grow up to be a criminal because mad at the world because they were given less if born or turn out to have major PTSD because parents couldnt provide love and affection

we are so stumped that we have to kill a baby. its not that its a baby its that its a living thing. no where in nature is something being stuck up a women to pull out a baby. it just aint right. like what have we come too

🥴 Am extremely Pro Global Sterilization. 🙊

That means Pro mandatory abstinence, abortion and sterilization.

Breeding should be regulated not a right for that kids sake and ours.