Taking a step back from Step-Parenting?

I’ve been a step-mom (not married, and choose not to be) for over five years, in virtually every aspect. I help read them and take part in the financial responsibilities. Their mother, however, does not work and relies exclusively on subsidies to care for her kiddos, along with over 800 in CS. Hubby and I take... show more I’ve been a step-mom (not married, and choose not to be) for over five years, in virtually every aspect. I help read them and take part in the financial responsibilities.

Their mother, however, does not work and relies exclusively on subsidies to care for her kiddos, along with over 800 in CS. Hubby and I take them half the time and additionally, cover all major expenses.

Hubby and I have a little one and between her, hubby, school and a full time job, I no longer feel it is necessary to cover the remaining expenses for my step children, as their mother and father should be taking care of that.

Hubby disagrees and is happy to continue to pay for everything, even if it means I foot the bill. He and I are both aware that CS is not being used appropriately, as the kids never seem to have so much as a pair of new shoes on their feet unless we buy them.

What should I do?