Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 year ago

Why do some people oppose policies that favor women?

Don’t they know these policies are needed to create a level playing field to give women a fighting chance to succeed?

I know I wouldn’t have gotten my current job if not for affirmative action.

Women need no such thing, Unlike Feminists, I actually believe women are equal and they need no positive discrimination to favour them anywhere. To think they do is to think of them as inferior. We make different life choices based on our strengths, and our strengths are a combination of who we are when that choice arrives - and one of the contributing factors in that combination is our sex. The fact that results in statistical disparities does not mean anything needs redressing

To expect biological females to do, or want, or aspire to achieve the same things as biological males is infantile idiocy at best, and at worst, an identity politics based agenda that just wants to see the west burn.

hahahaha. that means you are not qualified if you wouldn't have gotten it otherwise. your appointment was not based on merit. That may be good for you but it sucjks for the rest of us

They are afraid of loosing power over women

IT IS THE OBC [OLD BOYS CLUB]

how about you telling us... EXACTLY WHAT POLICIES are you Talking about so we can answer you.

I think a better question would be why do some people defend theocratic nations in the Middle East who have legalized spousal rape and honor killings of women?

We today aren't fighting for equality in the right places and turn a blind eye on places that actually need it

• Jack

"Why do some people oppose policies that favor women?"

I can't speak for everyone, but I oppose any policy that favors one gender over the other because I believe in equality. In most things, that is what I believe...but when it comes to state assistance, I believe citizens should be favored over non-citizens!

"Don’t they know these policies are needed to create a level playing field to give women a fighting chance to succeed?"

Well if I believed that to be true at one point, now we are seeing a situation where men are falling behind largely as a result of these kinds of biased female-centric policies.

Even if I agreed with you that women at one point needed the favoritism in order to succeed, we are well past that point now!

"I know I wouldn’t have gotten my current job if not for affirmative action."

So then you should understand when, in education, a good chunk of female teachers are fired and replaced with male teachers while women in post secondary studies are required to obtain higher marks to get in to university relative to their male counterparts.

Or is your point that favoritism in policies is only acceptable when it benefits you personally?

why do women oppose policies that support transsexuals over women

Any time any status quo is upset the people who benefited from that status quo will be irritated. Just because Brown v. Board of Education was made law doesn't mean whites all immediately accepted blacks in their formerly segregated schools. But this too will pass.

remember the Constitution ?? ALL created EQUAL ?????

• Elana
      1 year agoReport

The closest the Constitution gets is the 14th Amendment: "no state shall . . . deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

If women are discriminated against because of their gender plumbing and nothing else, then the only conclusion for corporations is to hire only women. That way they would save 20% or 25% or 11% on their labor costs and make more profit. Right?