Would you let your 14 year old daughter and her 14 year old friend wander around a heavily populated public beach?

My daughter wants to come to the beach for a couple days with me and my boyfriend and we are letting her and her friend come along. The other night she started setting ground rules about what she's going to do and I told her no I'm the parent you're going to have to follow our ground rules. She... show more My daughter wants to come to the beach for a couple days with me and my boyfriend and we are letting her and her friend come along.

The other night she started setting ground rules about what she's going to do and I told her no I'm the parent you're going to have to follow our ground rules.

She basically wants to wander around the beach with her friend on her own. Out of sight out of mind basically. When I told her it was okay for her to wander with her friend as long as they were within sight she had a big issue with that and said she wants to go where she wants when she wants.

It turned into a big thing and she got a really bad attitude instead of just being grateful about going to the beach.

It's just too big of a beach and there's just way too many people and creeps and homeless people for me to be ok with that.

Am i right?