Paul asked in EnvironmentConservation · 1 year ago

How much electricity do I waste when I sleep with my bedroom light and tv turned on all night long?

• Alex

If you need it to sleep do not worry and if you cannot pay your electric bill consider getting a solar panel. There is a bicycle someone invented somewhere that stores energy so you have less of an electric bill and that is a good invention and way to exercise and help planet earth.

About 25-50 cents a month given all the variables.

Not much , go outside and watch your meter

• The light only consumes maybe a few watts if it is fluorescent. Maybe about 60 watts if it is incandescent. This is very little.

TVs consume far more. I haven't checked lately, but I think a big tv consumes a few hundred watts. This will certainly add to your bill.

Just turn off the tv. Put a dimmer on your light switch and keep it turned down low so you get enough light to feel comfortable. Your consumption will likely be less than a Watt.

It depends where you live. In my country, electricity is pretty pricey, usually higher in the Summer months. Instead of leaving your light turned on all night, switch to a night light or a USB powered light. You can charge those things up and they stay lit all night without utilizing extra electricity. As for the TV, put it on a timer (most models now come with features that allow you to program a sleep timer). Or if you want to be even more energy efficient, you could use an IPAD, Kindle or laptop to watch your programs on.

• Dze

nothing to speak of .. it might add up to 10 bucks worth at the end of the month .. big appliances like the AC make much more difference .. just turning the ac down a degree or two more can cost as much as 100 more a month ..

probably a lot so i would shut it off