Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 months ago

Are single women over 35 usually feminists? Isn't that why they're not married?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best answer

I assume we're talking about in the US?

First off, the large majority ... MAJORITY ... of women in the US do not consider themselves feminist though do consider men and women equal. Which is to say, they've stopped believing feminism is what it claims to be, or they didn't believe it to begin with.

I am certain there are women who have taken their feminism to the point where it has made them difficult to get along with, but I don't think it is common.

People, in the US, are not getting married for lots of reasons.

• 6 months ago

Feminists don't hate men.... where do people get this idea?

I think this is an idea because most people don't even know what the word "feminism" means.

• Kevin
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The vast majority of single women choose to be single , feminism and the feamale popular culture of " I don't need no man " has had a significant influence. If a woman DOEs want a man , there are vast numbers of avaiable men.

• 6 months ago

All single women over 35 aren't married.

And they are probably sick of bullshittyShit when it comes to dating. It's not about hating men, it's about disliking all the red flags and crappy rude behavior.

And feminism isn't about "hating men"..... you are among the ranks of folks who don't even know the definition of the word. It is blatantly obvious.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Lol I dont think everyone had the same ideas of geting married and I dont think everyone wants to get married.

• 6 months ago

It usually just means that they’re ugly

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

my grandmother was a leading feminist, and most definitely married or St. Joseph's Church did a good job faking it

• 6 months ago

I think it's more that a lot of young feminist women throw their feminist ideas out when they get married and want to have kids. It's one thing to say you don't need men, and went to work as much as men when you are in college. It's quite another once you actually are having kids and decide that maybe staying at home while your husband supports you isn't so bad after all.

Similarly, it's one thing for a college age women to believe women should be advantaged in education, in job hiring, in business ownership, etc. It's quite another when it's her husband who may lose a job or her son who may be disadvantaged in school.

I've certainly seen a lot of women re-evalaute their feminist goals as they get older, but obviously some stay feminists forever. Feminism overall has been dying in many western countries including the U.S., although that's not to say feminist organizations no longer have influence, they do.

• 6 months ago

How naive you are! I was a feminist when I married at 28, a feminist when I divorced him, a feminist when lived with a guy for 10 years, a feminist when I left him, a feminist still, yet dating men and only men.

• 6 months ago

feminism does have big hand in this. But, they usually also have kids that other men dont want to father

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.