What do I need to do in order to move to china for around 2-5 years? Like do I need to get a visa there or a citizenship. help?

6 Answers

  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

    Of course you need an appropriate visa for the purpose & duration of your stay. You cannot obtain citizenship, and long-term visas are difficult to obtain.

    IF you are accepted as a university student & prove you have sufficient funds for all school + living expenses + return transportation to your country of citizenship, you can apply for student visa. If approved, last day of full-time class attendance or graduation is the last day your student visa will be valid.

    IF your qualified employer wants to transfer you to their Chinese offices/operations, and you meet all requirements for such a visa, your employer must apply for your temporary employment visa.

    So why do you want to stay in China for a couple of years? See the website for the Chinese govt's visa & immigration website, or the website for the Chinese consulate nearest your home in your country to see if you might qualify for some type of temporary visa.

  • RICK
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    You need

    1) The appropriate visa

    2) Proof of adequate finances to support you during your entire planned trip (without this you don't get a visa)

  • 1 year ago

    You have to prove you have $50000 to stay that long

  • Greg
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    Wow. How could you be that ignorant and make such a trip?

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

    You can't get citizenship. There are visa requirements clearly spelled out on their embassy website. When I was in China, we were able to go to Hong Kong and get our visas renewed, But they were still for a short period. If you find a place willing to take you on for the shaolin training you want, they will likely know what kind of visa you need to get. Do some googling.

  • 1 year ago

    Mostly you just need money.

    People with money get to hang out in other countries as long as they like.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.