What do I need to do in order to move to china for around 2-5 years? Like do I need to get a visa there or a citizenship. help?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

Of course you need an appropriate visa for the purpose & duration of your stay. You cannot obtain citizenship, and long-term visas are difficult to obtain.

IF you are accepted as a university student & prove you have sufficient funds for all school + living expenses + return transportation to your country of citizenship, you can apply for student visa. If approved, last day of full-time class attendance or graduation is the last day your student visa will be valid.

IF your qualified employer wants to transfer you to their Chinese offices/operations, and you meet all requirements for such a visa, your employer must apply for your temporary employment visa.

So why do you want to stay in China for a couple of years? See the website for the Chinese govt's visa & immigration website, or the website for the Chinese consulate nearest your home in your country to see if you might qualify for some type of temporary visa.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You need

1) The appropriate visa

2) Proof of adequate finances to support you during your entire planned trip (without this you don't get a visa)

• 1 year ago

You have to prove you have $50000 to stay that long

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Wow. How could you be that ignorant and make such a trip?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

You can't get citizenship. There are visa requirements clearly spelled out on their embassy website. When I was in China, we were able to go to Hong Kong and get our visas renewed, But they were still for a short period. If you find a place willing to take you on for the shaolin training you want, they will likely know what kind of visa you need to get. Do some googling.

• 1 year ago

Mostly you just need money.

People with money get to hang out in other countries as long as they like.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.