will asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 year ago

What should I do?

So I was in a car wreck in last October and had to go to the hospital. My car insurance said they pay the medical bills since I got them from a car accident. Outside of one phone call I had with my insurance I haven’t heard or received anything from anyone about paying anything. I checked my Health insurance earlier and it’s saying I still owe $520 for ambulance and hospital bills. It also says I have a denied claim for $54 from an X-ray place which I already paid.

Ambulance

You need to request the coverage first to see what you are covered for. I advise you to request it ASAP.

• lucy

With most auto policies, it will pay for any medical treatment due to an auto accident, under medical payment coverage or PIP.

The hospital or ambulance will (not) ask about your car insurance, only if you have health insurance, but either way will bill (you) the patient who sought care due to this accident. With most health insurance, if you have auto insurance, won't pay, (unless) your auto insurance denies it.

Until the auto insurance gets copies of all of the bills, then they can pay. The problem you have is that you (assumed) the auto insurance will pay after that 1 phone call, but they cant (until) they get copies of the bills from you.

• zipper

Contact the Hospital and get copies of the billings, then send them in to your auto insurance for payment. Your health insurance is not going to pay these bills, it is up to your auto insurance to do!

Call your insurance company and get everything straightened out.

More than likely, the ambulance and hospital, for some odd reason...did not have your car insurance company information.

So, call the number on those bills and inform them...or forward to the adjuster handling your claim.

Since your auto insurance is paying, that tells me that you were at fault in the crash. Yes, they will pay some. There is likely a portion that is your responsibility. Either read your policy and the benefits book that came with it or call them and learn what they cover and what you have to pay.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • car253

Who was at fault for the car accident? Do you live in a no fault state? You need to contact your insurance company to see if you are covered for "medical Payments" coverage or uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage if the other party has no auto insurance. You need to post more details.

So call up your insurance company & ask. Why would strangers on the internet know??

Read your insurance policy.

What does it say about paying for personal medical bills from the driver?

If you have coverage that pays for your medical bills, do the places that you owe medical bills to, do they have the information to bill the car insurance company. If they don't, they don't and wouldn't know where to send the bills to.