How do I dumb down my writing style?

I posted a story for critique in a writer's workshop and was told that I could write better than any of them could read. They said they doubted any of them could ever write as well as I could, and they found the writing too complex. That was just my regular writing style. How can I dumb it down so I can be... show more I posted a story for critique in a writer's workshop and was told that I could write better than any of them could read.

They said they doubted any of them could ever write as well as I could, and they found the writing too complex.

That was just my regular writing style. How can I dumb it down so I can be accessible to a wider audience?
Update: @Whatever I know that is the easiest conclusion to jump to, but I am not using overly complex words in my writing.
Update 2: Here's a sample:
Update 3: On the morning of the great departure, Glendon overslept.

The farewell feast of the preceding evening had been magnificent. All members of the Giff and Typic castes were present in the grand hall, and provision had been made in the courtyard for a number of the more tractable Disses.
Update 4: The food was provided by the visiting Custodians in silvery envelopes, yielding delicious dishes of savory meats and vegetables when mixed with boiling water. The unsmiling pallid-fleshed men served exquisite wines in flexible glass bottles, followed by more envelopes containing delectable sweets.
Update 5: Even the Disses, squabbling at their trundle tables in the courtyard, enjoyed tasty packaged treats and metal cylinders filled with sparkling flavored water, which exploded in colorful fountains of froth when shaken. Everyone had a marvelous time except the Custodians themselves, sitting at King Vannon’s table... show more Even the Disses, squabbling at their trundle tables in the courtyard, enjoyed tasty packaged treats and metal cylinders filled with sparkling flavored water, which exploded in colorful fountains of froth when shaken.

Everyone had a marvelous time except the Custodians themselves, sitting at King Vannon’s table on the royal dais, blank-faced in their tan coveralls, not sharing in the feast.
Update 6: That was the opening segment of the story.
Update 7: @They Pelted Us With Rocks... It's a post-apocalyptic society based on Medieval culture. The Custodians are androids. The people in the castle do not know what soda and crisps are.