Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 year ago

Can a vet hold your pets record if you owe a balance?

They are telling me that I owe a SMALL balance of $30 and that they cannot transfer or give me my pets records until it is paid.

Yes

You need to pay the balance.

If that's their policy, sure. Why would not just pay if you think it's so "small"? They provided a service and you didn't pay them.

If you don't pay them the next step is to report you to collections and that will sit on your credit report for years and years and YEARS.

• Anna E

I am sure they can, BUT you do not need your pets records to take your pet to another vet. Just go to the vet of your choice.

• *****

Yes, they can. Pay what you owe.

What is wrong with keeping your records? You want something which you have not paid for. Since vet hospitals are a cash business they should never have let you out of the place with your pet unless you paid your bill.