Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

Why do people choose to be fat?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Not everyone chooses to be fat. Some people are fat because they have a condition where they can't eat very many healthy foods or they may have a condition where they can't lose weight as easily as the average person. However there are other people who choose to be fat simply because they're lazy and don't care about themselves or they may be eating do to boredom or because they want to feel better about something that recently happened to them.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

Some people don't choose to be fat they may have thyroid problems or other conditions that makes it harder for them to lose weight than the average person who doesn't have that problem. Others they don't care enough, have too much going on and aren't focused on losing weight, or they just love eating unhealthy food and are too lazy to workout and it turns into a vicious cycle because eating like that does not fuel a person's body and the sugar is addicting and the more junk food you eat the more you crave it and some people just aren't strong enough to say no to eating unhealthy or eating too much. Some people it's their way of coping and they can't help but stuff their face because it temporarily makes them feel better. The list goes on and on but it's never nice to judge people despite their looks because you never know what someone is going through.

• So true. Many people are sick and in pain physically. The bottom line is the food is nutritious lite so people eats a lot to feel full or to not feel hungry. That packs on lots of calories. We are the only country on this earth where it’s citizens are dying from too much food.

• 1 year ago

some people just dont care.

• 1 year ago

I don’t think anyone “chooses” to be fat.

Fat people most likely have a problem and choose to go to food for comfort. Not really realizing that food is also becoming a problem.

Some might also have a health condition that makes them gain weight without their control.

You have to go deeper into things instead of just seeing the surface and automatically start judging or... just mind your own business.

Some are just plain old lazy though and just don’t care.

It’s like asking a person “why do you choose to have cancer?”

See how dumb it sounds? No one chooses to have cancer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

because they are unwilling to tolerate high levels of hunger hormone and are too lazy to exercise. there is no other surefire way to not be fat. I am not fat (11% bf) becasue I am willing to be hungry and not eat excessive amounts anyway and exercise A LOT. TO sum it up they decide that they would rather be fat than exercise and deal with some hunger.

• You are not fat but you are clearly a child. Once you get past a certain age there are often reasons you cannot exercise as much if at all, medications that slow your metabolism etc. That is life.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Lmao, some people don’t you complete moron.

• Gonzo
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

i choose to be fat because i have nothing to live for and i rather eat good which makes me happy than diet and exercise. if i lose weight i won't get any more sex with women than if i was fat. i already tried that. i was thin once. didn't help my sex life one bit.

also you can hate anyone for any reason so i guess hating fat people is the easiest since it is preventable.

i think fat people are deeply unhappy. that is why they eat so much

• zeno
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Poor grasp of basic nutrition and exercise

And over all fitness and it's effects on health.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

no one chooses to be fat just like no one chooses to be an alcoholic or a drug addict and most people are like that because they let food take over or it's due to a medication they have to take

• Avett1 year agoReport

Fat people choose to overeat and not exercise, alcoholics choose to drink, drug addicts choose to do drugs. All of those things are conscious decisions made from a lack of self discipline and control.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Fat chubby they just like to eat good food over their looks, but obese is a mental condition that a person likes to be extremely fat and stuff their face until they puke to make room for more food

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.