Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

is GOD of the bible name Jehovah?

Jehovah appears seven times in the King James Bible. Jesus is God. Jesus is Jehovah.

However, the "Jehovah's witnesses" are a cult that leads to hell, since they deny the truth that Jesus is God and they deny the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

No.

Only to uneducated morons.

yes his name is Jehovah. he wants us to use it. he wants his creation to get spiritually close to him. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED OF GOD & beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Reading this it tells you ALL of what is in the bible is very important if you want to be on God's side

Acts 20:20

20 while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitablenor from teaching you publicly & from house to house.

Notice: "HOUSE TO HOUSE." Only the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons do this all the time. Could the Mormons be correct? Just read on...

Galatians 1:8

8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed.

The Mormons use the King James bible but the main book is "The Book of Mormon." "The Book of Mormon" did not exist until the 19th century! Thinking of that, read one more time Galatians 1:8. The Mormons are NOT truly on God's side! They think they are, but they are NOT!

No. He isn't nameD "Jehovah" either since the word is the invention of 13th-century Catholic clergyman Raymundus Martini -- commissioned to translate the Koine Greek Bible to Latin. Any rabbi will tell you the word is impossible. -- Greek Orthodox Christian

• User

That is A name

that in English

has been ascribed to the Biblical God.

It is not the only such name

nor is it the most accurate such name relative to what the Bible teaches.

named, not name. Learn basic grammar. The Bible god is actually named Stroppy. It sounds crazy but that's his most holy name.

Sort of. Let's examine the key passage below.

Ex 3:13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD [Hebrew YHWH], the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,

the name you shall call me

from generation to generation.

People have been using the tetragrammaton YHWH since Adam and Eve (Gen 4:1). Yet despite that, Moses asked God what his name was. That's because YHWH wasn't really a name like "Tom" or "Jerry". (The surrounding nations had names for their gods like Chemosh, Molech and Dagon.) It was interpreted more like "Lord" which is how it was translated into the NT (ref Ac 2:34-35; Ps 110:1; the Greek word for "lord" is "kyrios"). (Note all other Hebrew names were transliterated into the NT, thus for example Yeshua became "Iesous" in Greek or in English "Jesus", so the the non-transliteration appears intentional on the HS' part.)

Even "I am" is somewhat cryptic. It's not really a name either. It appears basically God told Moses if you want a "name" go with "I am", but continue using YHWH as a "name" like you've been doing, even though you really don't think of it as a name. Jesus used the "name" "I am" as his name a couple of time when addressed some Jews (Jn 8:24,58). But because it's not a common "name", they didn't pick up on that until the second time when he also explained that he existed before Abraham. Then they tried to stone him for blasphemy, calling himself God.

It should also be noted that it never was God's idea to even come up with "I am". Had Moses not asked the question, possibly we'd never even know that as a "name".

Most Christians just follow Jesus' example of how to address God:

"Our Father in heaven" (Mt 6:9).

The only ones going way overboard and overthinking the whole issue are the JWs. They've gone so far as to even add "Jehovah" to their own version of the NT, even though no Greek manuscript (from which we translate the NT) has that term.

• JASON

If you said his real name he would have to kill you.

There are several different names/titles given to God in the Bible. The most used name is a Hebrew name spelled יהוה.

The Hebrew language was originally written without an vowels. The closet we can come in English to representing the name is "YHWH". Because of the commandment not to "take the name in vain", the Hebrew people never spoke the name, so we have no idea what vowels belong in the word or how it is said. Anything scholars propose today is just a guess.

The most common guess is "yahwah." That comes from the name being used in the names of other people and places that we do know how to pronounce.

In the Middle Age a translation of "Jehovah" was proposed, and it became common enough that the King James Bible actually uses it to translation the name in a handful of places. Most of the time the King James (and most English translations) follow the Jewish tradition of replacing the name with the word "LORD" (usually in all capital letters.)

When the translation "Jehovah" was proposed. the "J" was an alternative way of writing a capital "Y". What we known as "j" had not been invented yet. And the "v" had the "w" sound. The "je" had the "ya" sound. So what they proposed was "Yehowah". Which you can see is very close to the "yahwah" scholars propose today.

The name יהוה is found over 5,000 times in the Old Testament referring to God himself. And another 2000 times connected with other people and places.

Because the New Testament was written in Greek, it does not use the Hebrew name. Instead whenever they quoted a Hebrew verse that used the name, they replaced it with the word "kurios" or in English "lord". Again, the reason why most English Bibles translate the name as "LORD".

"Jehovah" is one possible translation of the name found in the Bible. Not a very close one. "Yahwah" is closer.

But no one knows for sure how the word יהוה should be pronounced or translated.

• Chi girl
      1 year agoReport

"Jehovah" is one possible translation of the name found in the Bible. -- Wrong. Any rabbi will tell you it's impossible.

• ronald

Jehovah

I AM

Alpha & Omega

Beginning and the End

Almighty God

But I call him Lord and Savior of my life.

He is every thing to me.

• Chi girl
      1 year agoReport

You are a phony name from 13th-century Catholic clergyman Raymundus Martini. He made you up after he was commissioned to translate the Koine Bible to Latin.