Would it upset or anger you to read a story where a racist is presented as funny and charming?

I am writing a story about a young teen who becomes a criminal due to the influence of an older man who befriends him. The older man is a racist and a murderer, but I have made the character funny and affable, as I don't think the kid in my story would have befriended the stereotypical racist archetype you... show more I am writing a story about a young teen who becomes a criminal due to the influence of an older man who befriends him. The older man is a racist and a murderer, but I have made the character funny and affable, as I don't think the kid in my story would have befriended the stereotypical racist archetype you usually see in fiction.

Would it upset you to see an otherwise funny, likeable character acting in a racist manner and using the 'N' word?