Is Theresa May more evidence women are too emotional and weak to lead countries?

39 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

Not every woman is like Hillary Clinton who was so weak that she could barely walk during the campaign, and had to have staff all around her to keep her from, tripping, falling down and hurting herself. She also cried like a little baby girl when she finally realized that she was rejected by almost a landslide election against her. She couldn't even come out and thank her supporters she was such an emotional basket case.

In stark contrast, conservative PM Margaret Thatcher was a strong leader and had no problem taking on the Argentinians when they invaded Brit territory in the Falklands.

• ...Show all comments
    • My word Kill, can anyone read anymore? I specifically said, "almost a landslide". That obviously implies I know that there were some who DID vote for her. You seem unable to understand how implications work.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

If a female leader shows her strength and assertiveness with no apologies, many will say she is ruthless. And, if she shows a tear in the corner of her eye, they wonder if she’s an emotional wreck.

• Nathan
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

She lost so much support from her own party. Her gender had nothing to do with it.

• 1 year ago

I thought she looked good when she first came in and people were unfair on her. I hope she has a good retirement.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Emotion does a character of woman, see how God made Eve from Adam.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

You'd like that, wouldn't you? Well, then, feast on her political corpse. It is not surprising that she became a casualty in Brexit & I hope & assume she realizes it is no defeat for her. It is like riding the bull. She played her role well and

• 1 year ago

No sure

• 1 year ago

Showing emotion is not actually a sign of weakness, it just showed that she was sad to be leaving her 'Dream Job', of being in charge of trying to make a better UK.

I don't support her political party or views, however I admire her principles, and feel sad that she had to deal with negative comments from not only within her own party, but from all those sexist morons, like you.

I believe that women will almost always make the best job of making our countries safer and less violent. It's a shame that 'knuckle draggers like you, are so far behind the rest of us forward, modern, tolerant people.

• 1 year ago

One reason women do not lead countries is third world countries do not respect women as they should and therefore; do not take them seriously and are looked down at as second class citizens therefore; nothing will get done. Like it or not. that is just the way it is.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

It's little to do with sex! It's to do with what do the Tory party represent? For other then the already minted, hoarded wealthy?

It was A man, Cameron whose foolishness landed the country in this mess!

The Tory party is a spent force! The ideology of the market, where ONLY the banks are forever bailed in! So much for survival of the fittest due to competitiveness!

The market delivers? Sure DOES! Just for them!

Every privatization has delivered handsomely for their city pals! Only!

No leader can corral those bunch of disperates!

The la-de-da have nothing to offer but same old failed policies!

Just WHO do they represent?

Those who own houses - lverpriced so can't move! Those who invest - the markets are an overvalued bubble wanting to poop! Due to all that lolly The government furnishes them to stay afloat!

The young? Hardly! They have NO future! No jobs! No hope of home ownership!

The commuters? They are losing their jobs, thanks to inept privatization, no rail services!

Those in work? Long hours! No job security! Unlike the politicians and their city pals, they don't have golden handcuffs, or golden goodbye parachutes!

As for women leaders -

What about Margaret Thatcher coined the milk snatcher?

Or as

President Mitterand said that she had the "eyes of Caligula and the mouth of Marilyn Monroe."

Or of Israel's Golda Meir?I

Or Germany's Angela Merkel?

• 1 year ago

you are obviously a lame brain misogynist..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.